1. What is SAP WM?
The SAP Warehouse Management system (WM) provides flexible, automated support in processing all goods movements and in managing stocks in your warehouse complex.
2. What is Transfer Requirement?
An instruction to move materials from a source storage bin to a destination storage bin in a warehouse complex at a specified time.
3. What is Transfer Order?
A request to transfer materials at a particular time from the source storage bin to a destination storage bin in the same warehouse complex.
4. On what basis a TO will get generated?
On Movement Types
5. Which one will the system generates first, TR or TO?
First TR then TO.
6. At What level the release strategies gets defined?
Configured at Company code level.
7. What are the transactions available to create a transfer order for moving partial stocks within a warehouse number?
Two transactions are available to create a transfer order for moving partial stocks within a warehouse number:
-Create Transfer Order without Source Object (transaction code LT01)
-Create Transfer Order from Stock List (transaction code LT10)
8. What are the Different stock types and storage types in WM?
Stock Types – Unrestricted, Blocked, Quality
Storage Types – Rack, Open, Shelf, Damage.
9. What are different Movement Types?
101 – GR Receipts
102 – GR PO reverse
601 – GI delivery
602 – Cancel GI delivery
651 – Sales return
909 – GR Amendment Excess
10. what are the different types of picking and put away strategies?
– FIFO – To sale the oldest material first
– LIFO – To sale the latest material first
Put away: Next empty bin, addition to the existing stock, mixed storage, fixed storage, open storage.
11. Why one should create a Second TO in WM?
Second TO has to be created at a delivery level to move the stock from intermediate storage type to Goods issue (delivery) area for loading the stock into the vehicle.
12. Can you configure the automatic TO creation at all document levels?
13. Where do you configure the strategies for Put away and Picking?
SPRO-> Logistics Execution-> Warehouse Management -> Strategies -> Define Put away Strategies and Logistics Execution-> Warehouse Management -> Strategies -> Define Stock Removal Strategies
14. Explain Warehouse Structure?
Warehouse structure contains a Warehouse number, Storage types, Storage sections, storage bins, and finally quant.
15. Can a single warehouse could be configured for more than one company code?
Yes it can be.
16. Can you tell me what all documents get created during GR entry in WM Process?
PO, Inbound Delivery, Transfer Requirement, Shipment, and TO.
17. Where is the control to confirm TO for Put away and Picking?
Control to confirm TO for Put away and Picking can be configured at Warehouse, Storage types, and Movement types levels.
18. Stock Uploading will happen at which Module MM or WM at rollout in xyz client?
First in IM(MM) then in WM
19. What is the importance of Quant number?
when ever u do the GR system will generate one Quant number based on the combination of Material, Batch, and Bin.
20. The outbound delivery plant for each item is defined in order. The system can automatically determine the outbound delivery plant. Identity the highest priority outbound delivery plant in descending priority order?
Outbound delivery plant defined in Customer material information master record, outbound delivery plant defined in ship-to party master record, Outbound delivery plant defined in material master
21. What happens when no storage location for picking is specified in the ordered item?
The system determines the storage location when it creates the outbound delivery and copies it into the delivery item. The storage location entered in the ordered item is used in the outbound delivery